Thursday 12 May 2011

Mortified

After work I dashed into Westfield to buy some couscous, a chicken and some harem pants. An obvious combination, I hear you cry. I went in search of the pants first because, let's face it, no one wants to take a chicken into a changing room.

And, on the way across the centre, guess who I very nearly bumped into? Only Penelope Cruz. I had stumbled into the premiere of the new Pirates of the Caribbean film. I felt mortified on behalf of the nation that the lovely lady had been prevailed upon to debut her film in a shopping centre. Even if it does have a nice roof.


There are just some things that don't go. Chickens and changing rooms. Beautiful senoritas in couture in shopping centres. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Bring back Leicester Square.

Oh, and Johnnie Depp was there too. I, unlike the screaming throng, could've cared less that he was hanging in my mall. He didn't look as though he'd made much effort with the sartorials. Perhaps he knew where he was heading this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...