Wednesday 16 March 2011

Find a penny...

So, since childhood my mother has always encouraged me to pick up pennies whenever I spot them - glistening - on the pavement. Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck. Give your penny to a friend and your luck will never end. So it goes.

So, I've decided to see what happens if I pick up every penny I see on the street this year and pop it in a jar. At the end of the year, I'll pick a charity and give them the lot. It could be £1.50... but let's hope I've got my glasses on as I tootle along and that I find a little bit more.

If you know a particularly good charity, please do let me know.  Who knows, I could stumble upon a little fortune*.

*(I should clarify that if I did stumble upon a little fortune, I would (obviously) tell a copper - I had a bag stolen last year and I fantisize about someone finding some of its precious contents on a street and reporting it to a policeman who would instinctively know that the bulging green notebook was mine and return it to me.)

Here's my jar.  Here's the 9p I found today. See? We could really be on to something here...


UPDATE - 16.03.12: THE RESULT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...